If you are selling anything online, then you know how important it is that your products arrive in the condition that you earlier stated. Not only are you expected to ensure that you pick a reliable shipping company, you also need to ensure that weigher machine the products you are shipping are properly protected with appropriate packaging to ensure that they don’t arrive in a damaged condition. The formula then for successful packing and shipping of supplies should be 1) to pick a reputable shipping company; and 2) to ensure that the products are securely packed.
Here are some practical shipping and packing tips to help you fulfill the end of your bargain as the seller:
- Review shipping terms. When picking a shipping company, you need to make sure that you are dealing with a reputable one. Usually, you would be charged per kilo or per kilograms depending on the terms. Some shipping companies don’t charge by weight but they charge by the size of the boxes, instead. Review the shipping terms properly. Make sure that you get some form of insurance for packages that are missing or mishandled.
- Declare any item to be shipped as it is. Honesty should be your rule of thumb when declaring your shipment. Some people would resort to lying about their package so that they can get away with heavier charges. By doing so, it’s hard for them to get the right amount of refund for their package should they encounter any case of mishandling, damage, or loss.
- Be open to the idea of using packing materials. As much as possible, you should be open to the idea of using packing materials yourself. You can use shipping labels to personally add labels to your items. You can also order packing boxes of varying sizes so that you are prepared for any types of orders (single or bulk).
- Re-use any packaging materials, if at all possible. Occasionally, you would also receive items that come in gift boxes or packing boxes. Feel free to re-use them for your own business.
- Invest on packing machines. If you know that you are going to be in the business of selling goods and products for a long period of time, it might help to inquire about packing machines to help you pack your products more appropriately.